Scintillating Stimulations of My Mind

This is just a rather random notebook of any thoughts I might have while surfing the internet or something like that...I forge--oooh look! Fruit. Anyways...enjoy this rather brilliant masterpiece. *sleeps*

Name:
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh

Warrior-poet, 1337, legend. These are but a handful of names recently given to me by my peers. Worshipped in certain tribes in the Amazon and Guatemala, I am the very embodiment of awesome in this (and most others) plane of existence.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Ushering in a new age through writing is hard!!!

I used to be one of you inferior beings once. I used to wake up from my nightly slumber and scoff at any books lying around and go on to the bathroom to grace the world with my rugged good looks. I read books, of course I read books. But after every page of those tomes had given up their knowledge and declared me their master, I used to engage in non-productive thought by cursing at these 'authors' making a fast buck through writing. It seemed to me that writing was the easiest thing in the world, the only activity marginally easier being the art of talking, walking and thinking. I mean, one merely has to look at the fact that Drew Carey wrote a number 1 bestseller to come unfalteringly to my same conclusion.

Oh god...how wrong I was.

It merely took me to start taking up writing as a career choice; due in large parts to my own unmistakable talent, my friends and Utada Hikaru; for me to realize the stark misconceptions I had harbored until the day I myself took up the pen and paper [or, as more accurately...the keyboard and word]. The career path of a writer is strewn with as many obstacles in his'her path as the amount of commas and semi-colons that suffocately brandish the works of Tolkien or Khalil Jibran. The prospect of writing a complete original tome [commonly known...as a book] is staggering to behold to the common writer wannabe that currently pollutes the Earth as we know it.

Unless your name happens to be J.K.Rowling.

Now, I am a fan of J.K.Rowling's works. I read every single episode of her Harry Potter opus with relish and pure pleasure, and I will admit that she has a flair for the unexpected. Too bad her skill with words is as able as a platypus struggling with chinese. It pains me, an aspiring writer destined to be in the upper echelons of intellectuals and society as a whole, to realize that Rowling made more money with her 5 books using words simple enough for toddlers to understand than Tolkien probably ever did. It pains me to struggle with words only to have the letters from her books mock me at every page.

Well...look at me...I kind of got diverted from the beaten path. Where was I?

Right.

The literary life of a writer, whether a song-writer, poetry-writer [I am aware they are known as poets], or simply that of a story-writer is laced with a poison that merely mentioning causes fear, uncertainty and doubt among those creatively gifted. This poison is to be mentioned by only those who are the most maniacally brave...those who would brave a dragon's lair for shits and giggles. And I am that person, mainly because I am currently afflicted by this poison...someone cast Esuna. Brace yourself, hug your loved ones, and settle all your debts, as I announce the name of this evil: Writer's Block.

This ailment grabs ahold of your soul like an anvil strapped to your ankles and doesn't let go until you have garnered the will necessary to defeat it...or until you die. Take for example me, inspiration has struck me and I have spent many an hour typing away at a fantastical journey of rediscovery and lost dreams, filled with the most inventive contraptions and a wholly original world that continues to baffle my mind as I receive flashes of its beauty and elegance.

Too bad I have been unable to put that damn world into words as of 2 hours ago. I know my characters, they are complex, they have dreams, loves, devotion and friendships...I know how they think, how they react to the unimaginable circumstances I have yet to transcribe into words and how they ultimately end up. Yet I am unable to put these complexeties into words even as I see them flash by as a kaleidoscope of war, love and friendship.

Thus, I am filled with nothing but the utmost respect for all those who rely upon their creativity for sanity and a living. Except Drew Carey. And I am afraid that I have yet to usher in a new age. But please be patient...I'm strong enough to trudge along to fulfill my dreams. No. Matter. What.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good god.... SHUT THE BLOODY FUCK UP... YOU KEEP GOING ON AND ON AND ON AND ON... SHUT THE FUCK UP. WHO THE FUCK DO YA THINK YA ARE EH?
THAT BUM LE CHUP SENT ME THE LINK TO THIS BLOG. TSHHHT. AND I THOUGH HE AND I WERE FRIENDS!

Samir.

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are sooooo lame man....
i do believe you're stil an inferior because only half an evolved human being like you can make absolutly no point after rambling on for that long...jeez...my head hurts after reading such A LOAD OF CRAP
bottom line: GET A GIRLFRIEND
or better yet:GET A LIFE

10:48 PM  
Blogger Shampad said...

nolo...sorry to burst your fragile little bubble, but it just happens to be that I did not, in any form, want to EVER seem like 'LC'. *gasp* Are you crying now? Awww...Go cry in your precious mugglenet now..go little 'boy'...go.

Samir...good lad, sorry to have hurt your brain...I am afraid that I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request.

miss 'anonymous'...i assume your a woman since you like to cry like such a bitch. What am i inferior to? God? If so, it is true...i AM inferior to Him...for now. For your headache, i suggest aspirin...or better yet, cyanide. GET A GIRLFRIEND? GET A LIFE? Me? wow...originality seems to exude from your very core doesnt it?

If my replies were too long winded to your 'Ladybird series' tastes...then allow me to condense it for all your viewing pleasure. If you agree with what I have to say...excellent, im proud of you. If not, then go kill yourselves, surely the world would be a lot better with three morons missing.

Cheers.

t(^_^)t

5:21 PM  
Blogger Shampad said...

ireck....quiet down next time! i know more about you than i would care to reveal in this blog o' mine!! (-_-)

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home