Scintillating Stimulations of My Mind

This is just a rather random notebook of any thoughts I might have while surfing the internet or something like that...I forge--oooh look! Fruit. Anyways...enjoy this rather brilliant masterpiece. *sleeps*

Name:
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh

Warrior-poet, 1337, legend. These are but a handful of names recently given to me by my peers. Worshipped in certain tribes in the Amazon and Guatemala, I am the very embodiment of awesome in this (and most others) plane of existence.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children---The Review

A long time ago, I played a little game that ended up changing my life. Final Fantasy VII was its name and it opened my mind to what a compelling story experience not only games can be the proud mediums of, but also to what greatness the human mind is capable of.

Now, almost 9 years later, the follow up to the greatest game of all time [at least in my superior and correct opinion] has been released. In the form of a CGI movie ala Spirits Within. So, as with everything to do with myself, I shall attempt to break all forms of tradition and present to you a quick and brief review of the movie.

First, the good news.

Unlike Hironobu Sakaguchi's [why are you making games for Micro$oft?! WHY?!] visually stunning yet cerebrally stupid movie...Advent Children rocks so badly that it makes me want to flip out and kill people. For those of you who are not 'in the know' or 'down with it' with such 'street' lingo...what I am trying to say is this: This movie is the greatest piece of action movie goodness you will ever watch until the next Final Fantasy movie.

Also unlike Spirits Within, this movie is directed by character designer of FFVII, FFVIII and FFX/X-2...Tetsuya Nomura. And my sentiments on his direction ability is this: a new Sakaguchi has risen.

I am still under the impression that no person living or dead has managed to put the sum of my [and at least 700,000 others'] feelings so skillfully and eloquently. Thus, I shall copy and paste [sans expletives] what the great Tycho [of Penny Arcade fame] had written:


"This film contains scenes that may be totally f******g awesome. Your favorite characters may be rendered in extreme detail as they take part in mind-blowing battles set in familiar locales. Futuristic scabbard/motorcycles might be depicted in a way that makes them appear sweet."

But I shall attempt to add something to that great piece of contemporary literature: I nearly cried like a baby while this great piece of film was being played before my eyes. Tears of joy people. Tears. Of. Joy.


Maybe I should also state the bad now...after all...this is a review:

Needed to be at least 60 hours long for me to start frothing at the mouth with pleasure and die [I would gladly die while watching this movie...I swear]...I want more swordfights and action. I want one of those Moogle dolls....and last but not least...

Where are the Chocobos?!!!

Now that I have that out of the way...allow me to rewatch that movie for like the 67th time. Believe me...I'm not joking.

Ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home